From Desire to Action: Public Spaces in the Pandemic – webinar, 8 June 2021
“From a reality of intense transformations generated by the COVID-19 pandemic around the world, the 13th International Architecture Biennale of São Paulo presents ‘Reconstruction’ as the central issue for the Co-Curatorship Call for Proposals.” – 4 November 2020 – 24 January 2021
Professional representation entities and organized civil society protest against PL 948/21, which aims to release to the private sector the purchase of vaccines to fight Covid-19 – 20 April 2021
Information dating from April 2020
- Information on the closure of construction sites
- Reorganisation of UIA2021RIO to incorporate post-pandemic topics into the existing thematic axes: diversity and mixture; changes and emergencies; vulnerabilities and inequalities; transience and flows.
- Supported fundraiser to to buy food, cleaning materials and personal hygiene kits for favelados, homeless and informal workers from the city of Rio and Baixada Fluminense
- Youtube channel of lectures, classes, conversation wheels and debate relevant to architecture, urbanism and pandemic
- Series of dialogues every Monday and Wednesday, 18h (Brazilian time) about the consequences of social isolation in cities and rethinking urban design during and after the pandemic. These dialogues take place on the Instagram of the IAB-RJ continuing education department, IAB-RJ Compartilha.
- Recording dialogues with representatives of minority communities to be included in the IAB-RJ Youtube channel (subtitled).