The construction industry has been allowed to reopen, but a survey by the South African Council for the Architectural Profession (Sacap) and South African Institute of Architects (Saia) shows severe hardship has already hit architectural firms due to the Covid-19 lockdown.
SAIA co-organises 5 online discussions on the subject of Post-Covid-19 Perspectives for Architecture in South Africa:
- How has COVID-19 impacted how we address urban development and the city?
- How has COVID-19 impacted urban design and how we live, work and play? 14th October 2020
- How has COVID-19 impacted how we create responsive architecture? 21st October 2020
- How has COVID-19 impacted the city and how we practice architecture? 28th October 2020
- How has COVID-19 impacted the city and how we teach & learn architecture? 4 November 2020